Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Something from my shelf

I am already jobless.

I wish I won't stay too long in this state. Christmas is coming and it's hard to stay penniless this season. Though I really think that hiring would start by January, I don't want to lose hope. I need a freakin' a job (who doesn't?). Thing is, I haven't updated my resume yet. My former officemates were asking me to hand them a copy of my curriculum vitae so they can recommend me to other advertising agencies. I have to admit, I am giving myself some rest but of course, procrastination shouldn't exists in my vocabulary these days. My money would run out soon. I have to stop shopping but I know I can't stop myself from going out with friends.

Anyway, say hello to my new friends:

My creative director gave me the Cutting Edge Commercials book as a parting gift. Many ad people told me that this is one of the bibles that admen and adwomen must posses. I'm loving the book indeed. I started reading it since he gave it to me.

And then yesterday, Jeff and I were able to catch the last day sale of books in Powerbooks, Mall of Asia branch. Finally, I was able to buy a new Murakami book. I will try to write a review as soon as I finish them.


Before I forget, I would like to share something about this movie that's now included in my top picks from the 90's. The film that is based from a novel is definitely twisted and disturbing -- in a heartbreaking manner. Of course, I don't want to spoil you but just imagine this: A 30 or maybe 40 something guy falls in love with his 14-year old step daughter. Incest? More like pedophile I guess. But how does their relationship started? It's for you to find out. Rotten tomatoes gave it a 67% rating. If you haven't watch this movie and you're curious, torrent it now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...